I do not have a recipe because I make the salad based on pretty much whatever amounts of ingredients I want to put into it, but I thought I would share a taste of my favorite salad dish to make for my family.
Ingredients (Serving Size: At least 5 People):
- At least 1 Iceberg Lettuce Head (depends on size of family)
- At least 1/2 pkg. of Oscar Mayer Smoked Ham (lean)
- Red Onion
- Large Black Pearl Olives
- Sargento Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (low-fat if available)
- Croutons if desired
- Zia’s Sweet Italian Salad (available in the St. Louis area) / Alternative: Olive Garden’s House Salad Dressing
Clean lettuce head. Shred lettuce into small leaves. Put lettuce in mixing bowl. Cut ham slices into squares; dimensions should be about an inch on each side. Put ham square-slices into bowl with the lettuce. Slice Red Onion into thin slices (amount should vary depending on whether or not you want a strong or weak onion flavor in your salad). Toss Onions into bowl. Drain olives container; dump olives into bowl.
The next set of instructions can go one of three ways:
- Sprinkle at least two handfuls of Mozzarella Cheese into the salad. Mix salad well. Pour salad dressing onto salad (pour to your heart’s content). Add croutons.
- Sprinkle at least two handfuls of Mozzarella Cheese into the salad. Mix salad well. Place dressing and croutons on table to allow family / friends to put their own dressing and croutons on their individual salads.
- Pour salad dressing onto salad; mix well. Place cheese and croutons on the table for family / friends to use at their own discretion.